Monday, August 11, 2008

Zero (Or One) Point Mashed Cauliflower

** I'm new to this WW calculating so I'm doing the best I can using the web. A friend has informed me that this recipe would only be zero points if it were broken up into 7 servings. If It makes 6, then it is considered one point.** (Still worth it!)

As I was looking through a list of foods and their corresponding points on the web today I was happy to discover that cauliflower is a 0 point food. I thought immediately how I would be preparing it for our meal tonight. I decided to do a cauli-mash. I calculated the points and they still came out to 0, even after adding skim milk, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper FF cream cheese.

It was so darn tasty! I'm sure to be making this guilt free side again soon.


Mashed Cauliflower
1 bag (16oz) frozen cauliflower
2 Tbs. Fat Free cream cheese
2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup skim milk
salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste

Put cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and cook for approximately 6 minutes (or until heated through). Add remaining ingredients and put in microwave for a couple minutes more. Mash the contents with a bowl the best you can. Using an immersion blender or food processor, process cauliflower until desired consistency. Enjoy those 0 points!

11 comments:

Cara said...

We LOVE mashed cauliflower!I steam a clove of garlic or two with the cauliflower, and dump it all in the food processor with salt, pepper, a touch of milk and some goat cheese. If you have some extra points one day, try the goat cheese - so worth it!

Ally said...

Cara, What a freaking genius idea! I love goat cheese, Dh not AT ALL. Matter of fact, he wasn't crazy about this dish. So more for me, lol!

Rachel said...

I don't mean to nitpick, just to help! I'm a WW subscriber, so I ran your recipe through my recipe builder and it comes out to 1 pt per serving if your recipe makes 6 servings. If you make 7 servings, then it's 0 points. (If it makes 2 servings, then it's 2 points. I could eat the whole batch!)

Ally said...

Rachel-Thank you for pointing that out. I'll change the zero to one point.

Is there any way you can send me a link to your recipe builder or is it not a web thingy?

MrsAshleyEm said...

That sounds sooo good! I've seen the recipe before but I've been hesitant to try it! I definitely want to now...So glad I found your blog because I've been looking for something healthier creative recipes!

Carrie said...

I made mashed cauliflower once, and LOVED it, you reminded me of it, I am going to have to make it again.

Melissa said...

I have always wanted to try mashed cauliflower. I know there' no way I can tell DH it's potatoes, but if it's yummy, hopefully he'll eat it anyways!

Rachel said...

Ally - no problem! The recipe builder is available just to Weight Watchers subscribers through their website. I'm not sure if there are free ones on the internet somewhere.

I pay just for e-tools (not for meetings) and it comes to a little less than $10 a month, and get access to all the recipes, points trackers, message boards, and food databases, but honestly, it's worth it for the recipe builder alone!

Ally said...

Thanks Rachel, I'm going to look into the e-tools!

That Girl said...

For some reason I just can't get into cauliflower - mashed or not!

Maryanna said...

MIL made this last year and didn't tell anyone that it wasn't "real" mashed potatoes. It was hilarious watching everyone's reaction. I loved it!