Sunday, August 10, 2008

WW Parmesan Chicken

I've gotta lose weight. Really. I've put on about 20 lbs. since I got married. It's ridiculous how many beautiful clothes I have in my closet that I can not wear. Ugh. I have been on a healthy kick for about a month now, but this week I've decided to try Weight Watchers. Now, I am not really a "member", but I am using the points system. I have a friend who was a member and I am hoping to take over her WW stash. Or, I'll just browse the web for numerous ww resources.

One of the resources I stumbled upon today was the Kitchen Parade. There is a lovely list of recipe ranging from 1-8 points. I found a parmesan chicken recipe and decided to use it for our meal tonight. I added sauteed zucchini and mushrooms (sauteed in 1 tsp. olive oil and pam) which are zero points to round out the meal. The chicken was so delicious. I mean how can it not be with the parmesan and dijon mixture. I added a few dried herbs to the mixture and only used one english muffin since I was only making 3 breast halves. I didn't modify the dijon or vinegar since I think they are zero pts. , but I did use only about 1/2 cup of parm. I am seriously still full from dinner. The best part was that it is only 6 points! So I have a few points left over which is fabulous since I really want a glass of wine (2 pts.) ; )



PARMESAN CHICKEN
(recipe courtesy of Kitchen Parade)
6 servings
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Oven time: 15 – 20 minutes

Dressing:
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper Coating:
1½ English muffins
¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon additional pepper
1 tablespoon melted butter
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)

Whisk together dressing ingredients in a low, flat dish suitable for dipping chicken breasts. Process the English muffin halves in food processor until finely ground. Add Parmesan, pepper and butter and pulse two or three times until well blended. Transfer coating mixture to a second low-flat dish. Dip each breast in the dressing, then the coating, covering completely with each. Place on a baking sheet and bake 450F for 15 – 20 minutes. Serve hot or cold.

NUTRITION ESTIMATE Per Serving: 300 Cal (26% from Fat); 46 g Protein; 8 g Tot Fat; 4 g Sat Fat; 2 g Mono Fat; 8 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 222 mg Calcium; 2 mg Iron; 693 mg Sodium; 114 mg Cholesterol, Weight Watchers 6 points

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMMM That looks so juicy! This is one of my fave meals, so glad you have given me a "healthy" alternative to my regular recipe!!

Anonymous said...

This looks great! I love this meal and it's nice to know that it can be healthy!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

These looks great! I never would have thought to use english muffins in place of breadcrumbs!

That Girl said...

You totally remind me of my husband. We're counting calories and I like to have the majority of my calories at lunch so I don't eat too much before bed. He likes to save his calories so he can have dessert!

Anonymous said...

Well it looks GREAT! Totally not a bland recipe. It looks moist and delish! GL with the healthy lifestyle change! :)

Anonymous said...

Gawd, I'm feeling you on that post-wedding weight gain. I was just thinking about looking up some WW and Cooking Light recipes. Thanks for sharing the Kitchen Parade site, and good luck!

Patsyk said...

Oh, that looks so good! I love that you gave the WW points, as I have been trying to get back down to the size I prefer for awhile now... I just love food too much!

Anonymous said...

Yum. It looks like you didn't miss out in the flavor department!

Arlene Delloro said...

If you like eggplant parm, I have the WW version on my blog. I have quite a few WW recipes there, though I don't usually post the points. If you see one you like, just ask me and I'll give you the NI.