Monday, July 16, 2007

Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Bread


I had a craving for something sweet last night, which is rare for me because I usually crave salty foods. I had over ripe banana's and an awesome recipe for banana nut bread so, I decided to use what I had on hand to make something sweet and give in to my craving.


Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Bread



  • 1 stick unsalted butter softened

  • 1/2 Cup brown sugar

  • 1/2 cup white sugar

  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

  • 2 cups flour

  • 1 tsp. baking soda

  • 1/2 c. chopped pecans (or any other nut you prefer)

  • 3 over ripe bananas mashed

  • 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (I used more : -) )

  • 2 eggs beaten

Preheat oven to 375

Cream eggs butter and sugar together. Add mashed bananas. Add flour 1 cup at a time and incorporate into batter. mix in soda. Add choc. chips and nuts. Generously grease a loaf pan with butter, and fill 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 45-50 minutes.


I like to eat these warm with butter (I know, how Paula Deen of me!) on top.

0 comments: