Sunday, July 6, 2008

Israeli Couscous Summer Salad

Along with the tart below, I made this salad to bring to the BBQ. This salad screams summer. Crisp veggies in a light and tangy vinaigrette, combined with pasta made it difficult to stop eating it. This was meatless, but by adding chicken you have a complete meal.

Israeli Couscous Summer Salad

1 1/2 cups Israeli couscous cooked in chicken broth
1 cucumber chopped
1 cup yellow, green or red bell pepper chopped
1 cup grape tomatoes halved (or quartered)
4 cups baby spinach coarsely chopped
1 cup crumbled feta
1 can black beans drained and rinsed
2 Tbs. fresh parsley chopped
2 Tbs. fresh basil chopped

Dressing (I have no amounts as I added and tasted as I went)
balsamic vinegar
cider vinegar
olive oil
Dijon mustard
salt
pepper
onion powder
garlic powder

Add all salad ingredients in bowl and mix to combine. Pour dressing over the salad and chill for 30 minutes.

3 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This looks great! I've made something similar using orzo but I think next time I'll make it with this couscous - thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

love this!! So colorful! Looks refresing *and* filling. Yum!

Haley said...

yum! i'm definitely bringing this dish the next time i have to bring a salad to a party!