Monday, February 16, 2009

Philly Steak Sandwiches


When I was at the International Farmers market the other day I couldn't resist the thinly sliced rib eye they had on sale. I mean 3/4 of a lb. for $4?? I had to get it.



I knew just what I was going to do with it too. Big, cheesy, steak sandwiches. I prefer mine with caramelized onions and mushrooms, while Chad prefers his with just the melty cheese.

I first sauteed my onions and mushrooms, then chopped up the meat. I removed the vegetables from the pan sprinkled the meat with salt and pepper then sauteed it. While the meat was cooking I buttered and sprinkled garlic powder on the sub bread and toasted.

When the meat was finished I thew it on top of the bread (then added my onions and mushrooms), added some sliced provolone, and toasted it again.

MMMMMMMMMM!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am making these tomorrow night! YUM

What's Cookin Chicago said...

These look awesome and you can't beat meat and cheese together!

Bridget said...

Mouth.Is.Watering.

That Girl said...

That ribeye is gorgeous!

Colleen said...

Oooh I am salivating at this - great bargain that turned into a delicious-looking meal!