Monday, October 13, 2008

Herb Roasted Chicken Pieces

Yesterday at the grocery store I saw that whole roasters were on sale. Not wanting to tress and fuss with a whole bird, I asked the butcher if she would cut it into pieces for me (one less thing for me to do). When I got home I used a few simple ingredients, threw it in the roasting pan an voila, perfect roasted chicken.


Herb Roasted Chicken

1 4-5 lb. chicken cut into pieces
3 Tbs. olive oil
2 tsp fresh thyme
2 tsp. fresh parsley
2 tsp. fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400
Put chicken in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well and put into a roasting pan. Roast for about 1 hour or until juices run clear.

4 comments:

Maryanna said...

That chicken looks so good. I bet it would be good as left-overs, too... if it doesn't dissapear right away.

Erin said...

I feel like a dork, but I've never thought to ask the butcher to cut the whole chicken for me. I just roast the whole thing, or buy pieces. It would be so much easier to do weeknight cooking with pieces like this!

Anonymous said...

Can't go wrong with herbs and roasting. this looks delish!

~Amber~ said...

This looks delicious! I bet all those simple herbs mixed together and roasted are delicious!