Sunday, June 1, 2008

Chicken Thighs w/ Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese

I may have mentioned this in another post but I LOVE Trader Joe's. So much so, that Chad and I usually can be caught there on a Sat. afternoon. This past Saturday something new caught my eye, a jar of roasted red pepper spread. But it wasn't just roasted peppers, it also contains eggplant and garlic. The jar said to use it as a dip for crudites, add to sauces or top chicken/pork with it. I stood there mid isle blocking everyone and envisioned the possibilities.

So for tonight's main dish I decided to use this jar of roasted red peppers with eggplant and garlic and put it on top of chicken thighs. As I was preparing the rest of the our meal (couscous and zucchini) I caught a glimpse of the goat cheese crumbles I had also purchased from TJ's. I thought "Hmmmm. Roasted red pepper chicken and goat cheese?", ABSOLUTELY.
After baking about 25 minutes in the oven I topped with the goat cheese (shaved parmesan for Chad) and knew immediately this was going to be good. And it was.
Chicken Thighs w/Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese
6 boneless/skinless chicken thighs trimmed of as much fat as possible
Salt, pepper and garlic powder for seasoning
2 tsp fresh chopped oregano
2 Tbs. canola oil
1/4 cup chicken stock/broth
About 4 Tbs. roasted red pepper dip/sauce from TJ's
goat cheese crumbles or shaved parmesan

Preheat oven to 375
Season chicken liberally with salt, pepper and garlic powder on both sides. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add oil. Sear chicken on both sides about 2 minutes each. Transfer to a baking dish (or use your oven safe skillet) and add chicken broth. Top with chopped oregano then the roasted red pepper dip and cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. uncover top with cheese and bake until goat cheese is toasted or parmesan has melted.

7 comments:

Elly said...

Oh YUM, Ally! I am totally going to look for that next time I am at TJ's. And you know I am going to make these :)

Unknown said...

This looks so good! I just passed the jar of sauce at TJ's tonight and almost bought it. Guess I'll have to pick it up next week.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE it! It's like a mediterranian chicken parm (but WAY better). I love the bright red color of that red pepper spread. This looks so delicious!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

So glad you posted this. I've seen the jar at TJs and was curious how I could use it. It looks great!

Anonymous said...

This looks great. The bright color is very appealing, and the goat cheese makes everything better!

That Girl said...

This is perfect, because I think I have some of that stuff in my pantry, but I've never used it for lack of creativity.

Jaime said...

roasted red peppers and goat cheese are two of my favorite ingredients! fabulous meal idea!