Monday, April 28, 2008

Moutabal Bathinjan- Baba Ganoush- Eggplant dip



Another favorite of mine. I love eggplant. Grilled, sauteed, broiled, fried, and made into a dip. this recipe is very similar to making a hummus, but instead the star ingredient is eggplant. Very easy to make and great to use as a spread on pita sandwiches, vegetables, or just scooping up with some great pita. You can play around with this recipe to your taste. I don't have very exact amounts because everytime I make this it varies. I'll post a general recipe, but make sure in between pulsing the mixture in the food processor you are tasting. Add as you go along, don't add all at once.

Moutabal Bathinajan- Baba Ganous
1 large eggplant pricked with a fork and leaf of stem removed (not the stem itself)
2 Tbs. tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice
salt
pepper
2 galic cloves halved
fresh chopped parsley for garnish

Heat oven to 400 degrees and while waiting to heat up line a baking pan with foil. Roast eggplant until skin is starting to blister. Turn every once in a while to avoid burning. this should take about 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the eggplant.
Remove the eggplant from oven an let cool. Halve the eggplant or remove skin and chop the flesh. transfer to a food processor and add a tbs. of tahini, couple tbs. of lemon juice, one garlic clove, salt and pepper. Process a minute and taste. Add to it as you see fit. Serve with toasted pitas, or however you wish.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baba Ganouj with the eggplant roasted (instead of grilled, etc) is my favorite. This looks sooo good!

Anonymous said...

hi everybody


Just saying hello while I read through the posts


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

Anonymous said...

Long time lurker, thought I would say hello! I really dont post much but thanks for the good times I have here. Love this place..

When I was hurt in that automobile accident my life would be changed forever. Sadly that driver had no car insurance and I was going to be in pain for ever.

This was not time for me to start and guess what to do. I had to find a good accident lawyer to help me get what I needed. After all, my family was counting on me.

How dreadful was it? I has bedridden for 7 months, I had to have constant care and my medical bills went through the roof!

Thankfully, I found a good referral site to help me.

I will post more later this week to tell you more about what I have been going through.

If you need an accident lawyer try the guys at
[url=http://theaccidentlawyers.org/2010/04/20/online-personal-training/
orange county accident lawyers

[/u]

Anonymous said...

Bonjour

It is my first time here. I just wanted to say hi!