Sunday, September 9, 2007

Quinoa Watercress Salad


I made this salad yesterday for the bbq that Chad and I hosted. It was a simple bbq with hamburgers and hot dogs, chips and dip, but not much more. So I thought I would make something with veggies and decided on this salad. All I can say is that I was eating it all day.

  • 2 Cups Quinoa
  • 4 Cups chicken stock
  • 1 bunch watercress
  • 1 yellow pepper chopped
  • 1/2 red onion chopped
  • 1 cucumber chopped
  • 5 oz. crumbled feta cheese
  • about 1 cup grape tomatoes chopped
  • about 1 cup toasted pine nuts.
  • **balsamic viniagrete**
Rinse quinoa and toast in a dry skillet. Cook quinoa according to package directions and set aside to cool. Wash and chop all veggies and throw them into a bowl with pine nuts. Add cooled quinoa and toss with vinaigrette. Simple and delicious!

**I have no amounts for the vinaigrette but this is what I combined and whisked together**

Balsamic vinaigrette
Cider vinegar
Dijon Mustard
garlic powder
onion powder
basil
salt
pepper
olive oil

1 comments:

Cara said...

This salad looks so yummy!