Monday, August 20, 2007

Make Your Own Pizza



Tonight was make your own pizza night. I bought the garlic and herb pizza dough from Trader Joe a couple weeks ago and put it in the freezer since we didn't use it. I took it out to thaw Sat. night so it would be ready for tonight. Such an easy and quick dinner for a weeknight.


Because I am the veggie eater in the house, I decided to split the dough in half so Chad and I could put our own ingredients. I topped mine with chopped kalamata olives, sliced grape tomatoes, torn basil leaves, thinly sliced onions, chopped bell pepper, chopped pepperoni, mozzarella and Parmesan.
Chad put pepperoni and Havarti cheese (his favorite). NOtice he chose not to put one single veggie.

For the sauce I just opened a small 8oz. can of tomato sauce and added some garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, dried oregano, a pinch of sugar and salt and pepper.
I rolled the dough while the oven was preheating to 350 degrees. When I got them to the desired shape (I like thin crust). I pre-baked them for about 6-7 minutes. I took them out sauced, and topped with our desired ingredients.
I also paired mine with a very delicious salad. I ate the entire thing before I even touched my pizza. I chopped some romaine, added grape tomatoes, crumbled gorgonzola, and chopped pecans.I made a raspberry vinaigrette by using a teaspoon of raspberry preserves, a little red wine vinegar, a little olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I love TJ's dough, but have yet to try the garlic I will have too soon!

LYNN said...

I love TJ's dough, too! I usually buy the whole wheat, but I will have to try the garlic and herb. The salad also looks really tasty!

Cara said...

Your pizza looks great, of course, but I wanted to throw in something about the raspberry dressing - that sounds delicious!