Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Healthy Pizza and a Product Rave

Tonight on his way home from work Chad mentioned (complained) that he really wanted pizza. I feel bad for him. I mean, he just lost 30 lbs. and he is doing WW with me. Mainly because I'm the cook in the house, although he wants to eat healthier. Since I didn't lose any weight last week (boo hoo) I really wanted to stick to my points. Which meant no pizza.... Unless you make it healthy, which is what I did thanks to this wonderful new find:


They are only worth 1 WW point, and make a wonderful crust for a pizza. I baked mine in a 350 oven for about 7 minutes first, then topped with my favorite toppings and enjoyed it immensly.
My ingredients were:
1/3 C. pizza sauce
1/2 cup FF mozzarella cheese
fresh basil (from a wonderful coworker who says it is growing out of control. I'm happy to take it off her hands)
fresh oregano (Again, from my coworker. Love how generous she is!)
1/4 C. portabello mushrooms
1 Tbs. chopped onion
5 slices turkey pepperoni (I like to slice mine to sprinkle evenly over the crust. That make me get a little bit of pepperoni in every bite ; )


After I topped it I put it back in the oven for the cheese to melt. How awesome is it when you can have pizza for only 4 points? And the serving is just right too!
Chad likes to stick to the basics when it comes to pizza, his was topped with just the pepperoni and cheese. I'm happy he was actually able to eat what he has been craving. And I'm happy I did too.

16 comments:

Maryanna said...

I would have never thought to make a pizza on these. What a great idea!

~Amber~ said...

It looks delicious Ally.

Cate said...

That pizza looks SO good...and it's awesome that it's HEALTHY pizza!

Jaime said...

i never would have thought to use a wrap as "pizza dough" - don't see why not though! this looks great, i love fresh basil

Anonymous said...

Omg. I love those wraps! When I make wrap sandwiches with them, I roll them up longways so I feel like I'm eating more. They're delicious too.

I'm going to try them as a pizza crust sometime this week. That was seriously a great idea!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

What an awesome idea!! It looks great :)

That Girl said...

I've heard such great things about these wraps, I keep meaning to pick them up.

Patsyk said...

I love how indulgent the pizza looks even though it's healthy! I have got to find those wraps as someone else told me they were really good, too.

Erin said...

I'm so glad you did this! I tried making one of these, but I didn't bake it first and it turned out very soggy. Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try it again!

bethanyjg said...

That is such a great idea. I'll definitely try it.

Anonymous said...

Guess what I'm buying at the store tonight? Man, that looks delicious!!

Arlene Delloro said...

I'm on WW, too, and love pizza as well. I have used Flatout, though not for pizza. I generally use the breadstick or pizza dough in a can. There are "light" varieties and it tastes really good. I have a great recipe for turkey/chicken alfredo pizza that I'll have to dig out.

Erin said...

What a good idea! I love that it's not only healthy, but quick :) I'm not on WW, but I like having point references to get an idea about what I'm eating. The flat out looks great for portion control, too!

Michele said...

Wow! What a beautiful pizza...and good for you too. I haven't been able to find flat out in my area for several months...hopefully I can find a replacement.

Cara said...

awesome! my latest take on healthy pizza involves grilling a low-carb lavash to make a crispy crust. yum!

Elizabeth said...

I love Flat-outs!