Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Chili-Lime Oven Roasted Corn on the Cobb

With summer here I have been trying to eat simpler and healthier. I needed a side dish for the tamales I was making (above) and with some suggestions from friends on the nest, I decided that I would make corn. I decided to oven roast the ears in their husks for more flavor. To add even more flavor I decided to make a spread them with a chili-lime and butter spread. I have never had corn prepared this way so I was really excited to see how it turned out. I loved the way the kitchen smelled with the corn roasting away in the oven.

After taking them out they were a little paler then I thought they should be. But after tasting (and brushing with the reserved butter) they were heaven. They chili-lime flavor was incredible, just as I was hoping.


Chili-Lime Oven Roasted Corn

2 Ears of corn
2 Tbs. unsalted butter
2 tsp. chili powder
juice of half a large lime or juice of one small whole lime
dash of salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 375
Peel husks away from corn and remove the silk. Replace husks and soak in cold water for 20 or so minutes. Remove corn from water and let excess drip off. Peel back husks. Melt butter and add the other spices. Whisk until combined. Brush butter mixture all over corn and return husks. I you can remove one long husk and tie it around to keep the husks close to the cobb. Put in a pyrex and roast in oven for 30 minutes. Serve with exess butter if needed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That will be perfect for summer grill outs! Another great recipe from a talented cook!!

Anonymous said...

That chili lime rub looks absolutley mouthwatering on that corn! YUmmmmm!

Jaime said...

WOW - chili AND lime?! two of my favorite flavors! i know what i'm doing with some corn the next time i go to the farmer's market...

Cara said...

I've never roasted or grilled corn with the husks on - I'll take your word that it has more flavor. I will have to try this soon!