Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Arnabeet Mekleh- Pan Fried Cauliflower

This simple dish makes me think of my Giddy (grandpa) back in MI. He makes this often, and usually has a plate of it on his table to munch on. It is a popular dish in Lebanon, and I can see why. All you need are 3 ingredients; the cauliflower, some oil, and a pinch of salt. I swear I could have eaten the entire head tonight, but I was good and shared with Chad.

Pan Fried Cauliflower
1 head of cauliflower chopped into florets
2 Tbs. olive oil plus extra in a spray bottle to squirt
pinch of salt

Heat medium sized skillet over medium heat and add oil. Add cauliflower and salt and cook until browned and caramelized. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks so yummy! I just want to eat it right off of that fork!

Brittany said...

So simple, but looks delish! I wonder how that would work with broccoli...

Anonymous said...

I LOOOOVE cauliflower! This looks amazingly delicious. We are going to have to try it this way!

Anonymous said...

This looks great - such a simple recipe! I've been looking for ways to enjoy cauliflower and will have to give this one a try.

That Girl said...

Its funny, the hubs and I were just talking about cauliflower the other night. He thinks it tastes like radishes!

La Familia Verde said...

That cauliflower looks delicious! I've never cooked it that way.

Lore said...

Yummy! I totally love the sound and the look of this dish. Such a refreshing sauce.

Maggie said...

The caramelization looks perfect! I wish I could taste it.