Sunday, May 18, 2008

Arroz Verde

This is such a fresh and easy side dish to any mexican meal. I needed something to go with my enchiladas above so I googled recipes and settled on this one. Mostly because I made me lmao. I only used one large poblano, since that was all I had (well I used the other one for my enchilada sauce). This really was one tasty dish, and the cilantro in this dish made my house smell wonderful while it was cooking.

I'm not a huge cilantro fan, but for some reason I couldn't stop eating this rice. Maybe I'm a bigger fan of cilantro than I thought.

Arroz Verde
(Ramblings of a Frantic Home Cook)

2 Poblano peppers
2 cups chicken stock (warmed)
Bunch of cilantro (I used about 2 cups)
1 onion finely diced
2 garlic cloves minced
tsp. cumin (my addition)
2 Tbs. canola oil
1 cup long grain rice
salt and pepper to taste

Roughly chop poblanos and add them to a blender. Add warm stock and cilantro. Blend until well mixed. Heat oil in a medium sauce pan over med. high heat. Add onions and cook a few minutes. Add rice and garlic and saute a few minutes more until the rice is toasted. Add poblano mixture and cumin and heat until boiling. Turn down heat and simmer 25 minutes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This will go perfectly with the enchiladas I am making this week! Thanks!

That Girl said...

I love that I can count on your blog for foods of every ethnicity. This looks good!

Frantic Home Cook said...

Well, thank you, darling! It really is a great dish.

Francie @ Frantic Home Cook

Liz said...

I have never made anything like this before, but we *love* Mexican food, and I will definitely try it! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This was amazing .. THANK YOU!

Jaime said...

i LOVE cilantro! i am definitely making this the next time i make mexican food :) thanks!