Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Different Fried Cheese

Today Chad and I were bums. Didn't get up until around 11:30, watched a couple of movies until about 3. When we finally ventured out we hit the grocery store. I saw that string cheese was on sale, so I bought it with the intention to make fried cheese. When we were in Destin we had this fried cheese at a local restaurant, and Chad had asked if I would make it for him. Well today was his (and mine) lucky day. Since we were being bums, and this is an easy peasy snack, I decided it was a perfect time to make them. I picked up the egg roll wrappers and that was all I needed. Next time I'm going to play around and add more ingredients. They were very good the way they were, but I know I can take them to another level. They are a nice little snack and cook up quickly. Serve with a marinara dipping sauce or another of your liking.

Fried Cheese
Egg roll wrappers
Mozzarella cheese (string, or block cut length wise)
oil for frying

Wrap lay cheese on wrapper with the point of the wrapper hitting the middle of the cheese. Roll up burrito style and seal edges with water. Heat oil to about 350 and fry until golden.
Lol, I think this is the simplist recipe I have ever blogged.

10 comments:

bakingblonde said...

OMG Ally I love this idea! How creative of you!!

bakingblonde said...

I also bet they would be good sprinkled with Italian Seasoning or Pizza seasoning after frying for a little extra flavor!

BMK said...

That looks like a great snack. I bet smoked mozzarella would really add a nice flavor.

BMK said...

Looks like a great snack. I bet smoked mozzarella would add great flavor.

Anonymous said...

Mozzarella sticks are awesome, but what a genius idea to put them in wrappers like that!!

~Amber~ said...

Mmmmm nothing beats the melty goodness of fried cheese. I could just lick my screen. ;)

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

interesting idea, and i bet it tastes good!

Kayte said...

omg i love this idea! my daughter and husband are gonna love you. i'm totally making these soon!

Beth G. @SweetLifeKitchen said...

W.O.W and O.M.G. That looks INCREDIBLE!!!!!! I can't wait to make these!!!

Shelby said...

YOU are a girl after my own heart! What a great idea!