Sunday, December 30, 2007

S'more Please. And, Thank you.


Ummmmm. S'mores. S'mores cookies that is. I love these little devils, so much they were my dinner tonight. BUT! In my defense, I had a late lunch. Again this afternooon I went a-browsing through the foodie blogosphere and I fell upon these nasty things. Nasty meaning they aren't helping me in my quest to shed a few lbs. Anyhoo, they are fabulous and Chad agrees. He is actually the culprit for me baking these gooey, chocolately, nutty delights. One look at the pic on the Cookie Madness blog, and he was sold. "Baby... can you make those?" :: My heart melts:: "Oh, of course darling!" And here they are. : ) Enjoy!

Smores Cookies
(Cookie Madness [thanks!])

3/4 cup butter — softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate (I used milk, that's all I had.No biggie, it didnt make a diff.)
1 cup (more or less) of marshmallows (not Jet puffs)
2 Hershey Bars, broken into pieces ( I made Chad buy 3 bars. One for me.)
**My contribution to the recipe was 1/2 cup pecan pieces**

Beat together margarine and sugars until light and fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla. Add combined flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and (if using) other stuff.
Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets about 3 inches apart ..
Bake in pre-heated oven 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 8 minutes. Remove and quickly press marshmallows and chocolate into cookies. Return to oven and cook until done (about 3 or 4 more minutes)
Makes about 3 dozen
Mine made about 20. I think I made 'em a little big : )

5 comments:

Jaime said...

i love smores! these look amazing!

Cara said...

omg I love smores... these cookies would be the end of me! I'll keep them in mind for when I am skinny again, haha.

Beth G. @SweetLifeKitchen said...

Those look fantastic!! I'm with Cara and adding these to the after-three-months-in-the-gym list!!

~Amber~ said...

These sound and look totally awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Lauren said...

I just made these today for guests - they were AMAZING. This recipe is definitely a keeper - thanks so much!