Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Cranberry Raisin Nut Bread

I made this bread as a Christmas gift to give my dh's granparents (both sets). It was super simple, and helped me use up the fresh cranberries I had in the fridge. Unfortunately I wasn't able to add the orange zest since I had none on hand, but I don't think it mattered too much. This bread is great for breakfast, a snack, or even for dessert. It is not too sweet, and the tartness of the cranberries really shine through. His grandparents loved the gift; I think more than the popcorn tin from last year, lol.


Cranberry Raisin Nut Bread
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1-1/2 tsps. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 Tbsp. orange peel, grated
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
3 Tbsps. unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to temperature 350°F. Sift together first 6 ingredients in alarge bowl. Stir in next 4 ingredients. Mix remainingingredients in another bowl until combined. Add to flour mixtureand stir until just moistened. Spoon into a buttered 9 inchloaf pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a tester comes out clean when inserted in center. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan andcool completely on a wire rack.

1 comments:

Jaime said...

i love cranberry bread! mmmm.... now i want to make some for this weekend :)