Friday, August 24, 2007

I did it again...


I baked. I really do not bake too much, but lately I have been. I'm sure I'm making mine and Chad's co-workers happy. I don't eat too much of what I bake. And when I do I usually give most of it away.
It all started with 2 bananas. I made banana coffee cake the other night, and instead of taking the rest of the fruit to work for breakfast, it just sat there. Getting very ripe. So, since Chad and I had no plans for this Friday evening, I decided to use them.

I browsed for recipes using banana's and I stumbled across this one.

I had all the ingredients (plus a little more, you'll see) so I made the decision to try it.

So glad I did. They were very moist, and cake like. Like little banana oatmeal cakes.


I've already eaten 2 (Okay, 4) so I need to bag them up and bring them to my mom's tomorrow.

Banana Oatmeal Cookies
(source food musings)

3/4 cup butter, softened but not melted

1 cup sugar1 egg (or egg beater), beaten

1 1/2 cups flour, sifted

1/2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt1 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated if you have it

1 3/4 cups oats1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-3 pieces of fruit)

1/2 cup nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds and/or unsalted cashews), toasted and roughly chopped

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and beat until just blended. Stir together sifted flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and oats. Add to butter/sugar/egg mixture and beat until well blended. Add in bananas and squoosh with your fingers or a wooden spoon to work it into the dough. Add nuts and stir. Drop by the teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown and semi-firm to the touch.

*added 1/2 cup of craisins and 1/2 cup choc. chips & I used 1 cup of oats, that is all I had**

3 comments:

Hungry Janey said...

The picture with the cookie on the martini glass is fantastic. Hilarious!

Cara said...

mmm what a cute presentation!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the cookie-tini :)