Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I had the desire to bake...


  • I had planned on using the 2 blocks of cream cheese (buy one get one free) when I bought them, but I never did come up with a way to use them. Chad isn't very fond of cream cheese (weirdo) but, nevertheless, I saw a sale and purchased them.

    Tonight I made the decision to make little cheesecakes with a Nilla Wafer as the bottom crust, a recipe I saw on Paula Deen. I tweaked it a bit, and I will probably keep tweaking because the Nilla's are a little small for the muffin cups I had on hand. Next time I may use a graham cracker, or oreo crust.

    This recipe was totally put together in the kitchen, so other than the base for the mini cheesecake, the rest I just eyeballed.

    Mini Raspberry Cheesecake Tarts with Nutella and Toasted Coconut


    2 8 oz. pkg. of Cream Cheese softened
    2 Eggs
    1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
    1 cup sugar
    2 Tbs. good raspberry preserves
    Nutella
    butter
    semi sweet chocolate chips
    1/4 C. flaked coconut

    Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cups.
    Cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with a hand mixer until blended. Add one egg at a time and mix thoroughly.
    Heat the preserves in the microwave for about 40 seconds until the consistency is loosened. Add preserves to cheesecake mixture and incorporate.
    fill each muffin cup and bake for 20 min.
    When finished cool in the fridge until set.

    For the topping, I melted a small handful of semi sweet chocolate chips, a tablespoon of butter and a 1 1/2 tablespoons of nutella. I heated at 20 second intervals and stirred in between.

    I toasted flaked coconut in my toaster oven for a few minutes on 325 degrees.

    When cheesecakes were cooled I used a fork to drizzle the nutella mixture over the top of them, and then topped with toasted coconut.

    I don't have a huge sweet tooth, but I loved these. I added extra coconut to mine since I love it.


6 comments:

laneyu said...

those look delicious :)

Cara said...

mmm these look fabulous! I agree, the nilla wafers are too small for the muffin tins, so I what I have done is grind them in the food processor and combine with some melted butter, then press this into the bottom of each tin. What can I say, I want perfection!

Thistlemoon said...

Those look very cute and delicious! Love the chocolate garnish!

Thistlemoon said...

Oh! And Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!

Kayte said...

yay! these look delish! i love your presentations. they look so professional!

Deborah said...

Aw, how cute! And anything with Nutella has GOT to be good. :)