Friday, September 5, 2008

My Very Late DB Entry: Eclairs

I feel like such a schmuck. I really have no real good excuse for being so late with this entry except for the fact that I procrastinated. I meant to make them the week they were due, but things got busy.
I'm glad I did make them though, they really turned out nicely. Other DB'ers said the pate choux was a little eggy, but I didn't find it eggy at all. I ended up using Dorie Greenspan's recipe for pastry cream because it is a foavorite of mine. I did use the glaze and sauce recipe, and omg I had so much left over.

Since I'm trying to lose some weight, I ate only 2 (but I wanted 10!), and took the rest to work. They were gone by 2pm. : )
Thank you Meeta from What's for Lunch Honey? and TonyTahhan for a wonderful challenge!

You can find the recipe for Pierre Herme's eclairs here.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look great! I'm a big fan of Dorie's pastry cream as well; it's so delicious! The chocolate glaze is wonderful too. I had a ton left over as well. It'll be great with ice cream!

Anonymous said...

Those look to die for!

That Girl said...

Better late than never, right?

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Eclairs are one of my fave pastries... and you did a great job!