Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fiesta Black Beans

If you are looking for a fast easy side dish to accompany a mexican or southwestern meal you have found it. This literally took like 12 minutes to prepare including the prep. I made these beans to go with the tamales above, and they complimented the entire meal. We had a bit left over, which is fine because we'll get to eat them tomorrow. Which means they will have more time for the flavors to mingle.

Fiesta Black Beans

1 can black beans drained and rinsed
1/3 cup onions chopped
1/3 cup poblano pepper chopped
1/3 cup grape tomatoes chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1 Tbs. chopped cilantro
1 Tbs. chili powder
1 Tbs. cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbs. canola oil
1/4 cup water

Heat a med. sized skillet over medium heat. Add canola oil and heat until shimmering. Add onions, poblanos and tomatoes. Cook until onions start to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Ad the remaining ingredients and simmer until liquid has been absorbed about 5-8 minutes.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so making this for dinner for myself next week! This washed down wih a cold beer will be heaven!!

MrsSchoon said...

Everything looks great! Those beans are making my mouth water!

Linds said...

This meal looks delicious- I can't wait to try out the corn and beans. Thanks so much for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Seriously I make my beans packed with veggies almost exaclty like this. They look SOOOOOOO good! And they hadd such great color to your meal!

Anonymous said...

This looks great, and pretty easy too!

That Girl said...

I am definitely making this the next time I need a side!

Jaime said...

yum! tasty side dish!

Gregory Clausen said...

look great, pass me a plate of the beans and a cold beer, please

jdbauer said...

Second post about beans and now I need to do beans tomorrow. Who craves beans? This looks fantastic. I'm tempted to make a paste! And I'm with Chef Gregory about the beer.

Dreams of cakes said...

This is a recipe I will try for sure. I like black beans in all recipes. This one sounds delicious!