Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hummus

Nothing beats the flavor of hummus. So satisfying on a pita, or just about anything. It is rather simple and quick to make to. I used my standby recipe, the one I got from my step grandmother or Sitti. Chad made this tonight. Thank God. I had so much working in the kitchen that him helping me out was a blessing. This is one of his favorite dishes to make so I knew I could count on him to help out.

I made this to go with my Lebanese themed dinner tonight, and it was a great addition. I'm glad I have leftovers, it will make a nice addition to my lunch tomorrow as well.

Hummus
1 can garbanzo beans (drained juice reserved)
2 Tbs. Tahini (sesame paste, add as you go tasting while processing)
Juice of one lemon (again, add as you go)
2 garlic cloves coarsely
pinch of salt

Put ingredients into food processor and process until smooth, you may need to add some of the reserved juice to get it to a smooth consistancy. I usually need to add 1/4 cup. You don't want it runny, so be careful how much you add. To serve put in a shallow bowl or plate and run you spoon around the interior about 2 inches from the edge. Drizzle good olive oil in the groove you have created and sprinke paprika all over. Serve with toasted pita chips or what ever you please.

3 comments:

bakingblonde said...

I love Hummus! Your whole meal looks great!

Melissa said...

I so need to start making my own hummus. We go through it like crazy here. Yours looks fabulous.

Carrie said...

I really need to try hummus I have never tried it, maybe I will be daring and make mine own to try :)