Saturday, February 9, 2008

Zucchini and Potato Tortilla

I was in the mood to cook this morning. Not something I do on Saturday mornings, but I was motivated by my hunger. I decided to make a tortilla, since that is one of the only ways I will eat eggs. I had a zucchini on hand so along with the potatoes and onion, I threw that in as well. Came out very nice, with leftovers. Now I have a bite to eat before Church tomorrow.

Zucchini and Potato Tortilla
2 smallish potatoes sliced in half moons
1/4 cup oil
1/2 med. onion diced
1 zucchini sliced in half moons and then sliced in half again
7 eggs
3 Tbs. half/half
salt and pepper to taste


Heat oven to broil.

Heat oil in a medium sized oven proof skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook until tender, do not fry!! While potatoes are cooking mix together the eggs and half and half, salt and pepper. Remove potatoes and set aside. Pour out oil leaving a Tbs. remaining. Add onions and zucchini and cook until onions are soft. Add the potatoes back to the pan and stir so everything is mixed evenly around the pan. Add egg mixture and let cook for about 5-8 minutes. Put skillet in the oven to cook the top of the tortilla. When the top starts to brown, take it out and put a large plate over the top of the skillet. Flip the tortilla and cook on the stovetop a couple minutes more.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

what a great creation....looks delish! i only eat my eggs scrambled up like this; can't stand whole, boiled eggs or sunny side up or anything like that!

Lindsey said...

that looks so tasty!!! After looking at your blog I am always very hungry! ;)
ps. you have been tagged.
http://lindseyskitchen85.blogspot.com/